Thursday, December 22, 2011

I.T. - 1-07 - The Heaviest Thing



Dear Homo Sapiens of Earth:

Though not yet the ultimate, your species has produced some fine philosophers, one of whose works happened to be in a cardboard box in the back of his jeep, in which a sentence, underscored by his own hand, reads:

"What is the heaviest thing, that I may take it upon me and rejoice in my strength!"

This was uttered by "the Weight Bearing Spirit" which, like a camel, bears the weight of his load willingly and even eagerly into the desert. The book was [Thus Spoke Zarathustra] by Friedrich Nietzsche.

And he was at the moment sitting on a rock, thinking aloud this very line. "Raminothna, what indeed is this heaviest thing, that I may take it upon me and rejoice in my strength?"

I have to admit, my name coming from him is music to my ears. So, I decided to give him the very heaviest thing that he could hope to carry. "This heaviest thing is such that once you have taken its full weight upon your hands, your feet will simultaneously rise 6 feet off the ground, bearing no weight at all."

"No kidding. Come on, you can do better than that."

"Nope. That's it."

"Let me make sure that I understand what you're saying. You're saying that the heaviest thing is such that once I have taken its full weight upon my hands, my feet will simultaneously rise 6 feet off the ground, bearing no weight at all."

"That was word for word what I just said."

"Then, I have to say that it is impossible."

"The 'I' word again? You're the Miracle Worker, remember?"

"This violates every physical law I know."

"Thus, miraculous, especially its abstract manifestations."

"I have no idea what you're talking about."

"You will. In fact, you have been carrying it for some time. Thus at times, you feel overwhelmed and crushed. But now, you have me."

He carried this heavy thought into dreamland, and had a dream of levitation in ways that really could not work. It was when he was doing his morning exercises that he found his answer.

He was doing a handstand, when his feet did rise off the ground, bearing no weight at all, while he had the Heaviest Thing in the palm of his hands.



Anthony Marr, Founder and President
Heal Our Planet Earth (HOPE)
Global Anti-Hunting Coalition (GAHC)
Anthony-Marr@HOPE-CARE.org
www.HOPE-CARE.org
www.facebook.com/Anthony.Marr.001
www.facebook.com/Global_Anti-Hunting_Coalition
www.myspace.com/AnthonyMarr
www.youtube.com/AnthonyMarr
www.HomoSapiensSaveYourEarth.blogspot.com
www.DearHomoSapiens.blogspot.com
www.HOPE-GEO.blogspot.com
www.ARConference.org

No comments: